Although I've been sewing since age 15, a couple years ago I began making story-telling quilts for friends near and far. Now they are available to you too! These quilts capture your memories and delight the family. They are hand-designed patterns made primarily of cotton and flannel, but any fabrics can be used, including linen, denim, and satin. Send in your own fabrics (Tshirts or used clothing with sentimental value), if you like!
The quilts come with a custom-made “story of you” and can be “read” from top to bottom, left to right. Four original designs are available: Frankenstein, "A European Childhood," "Western Pacific," and Alice in Wonderland. For photos of these gorgeous creations, see the HGBG Etsy site!
Each of these lightweight three-ply blankets is unique, of course. In two to three weeks,
I will produce a work of textile art in vibrant color, images, and imaginative symbols. Backs are in cotton or flannel. (To see how a quilt is made, check out the posts of Aug. 2- Aug. 13, 2019
Prices vary according to size:
Baby / Toddler or Lap-size quilt (36" x 45"): $399.99
Couch throw or Single bed (48" x 75"): $499.99
Custom orders will include a short email with a photo
of the person / people to be honored,
sent to email@example.com.
"A European Childhood" and "Frankenstein"
styles are available exclusively in our Etsy shop!
The illustrated catalog of our first exhibit, "A Life in Quilts, ca. 1979 - 2019" (held on Vashon Island, WA) is available on academia.edu.
Baby Teddy's quilt front
Alice in Wonderland small size quilt
Alice in Wonderland quilt detail
Click below to see our founder explain
the SPARK class quilt (December 2017)
The Great Chain of Quilts
1. November 10: Jean’s Quilt Day
2. November 21: Doug and Ryan’s Quilt Day
3. December 3: Joyce’s Quilt Day
4. December 13: Laurent and Véronique’s Quilt Day
5. January 13: Jayne’s Quilt Day
6. February 7: Our Quilt Day
7. February 26 : Andrea’s Quilt Day
8. May 6: Garance’s Quilt Day
9. July 5: Seannessy’s Quilt Day
10. July 29: Dana’s Quilt Day
11. September 29: Jane’s Quilt Day
12. December 15: The SPARK class’s Quilt Day (and graduation day, fall semester 2017, Saint Mary’s College, South Bend, IN)
13. July 22: Pam's Quilt Day
14. May 29: Baby Teddy's Quilt Day
15. May 30: Baby Olivia's Quilt Day
16. June 15: Baby Zoe's Quilt Day
17. August 14: Baby Tomas's Quilt Day
18. September 7: Baby Sophia's Quilt Day
19. January 4: Meghan's Quilt Day (and wedding day)
Baby Olivia's quilt front
Quilt fans come in all
shapes and sizes. Puppy loves "Western Pacific" couch throw!
Baby Olivia's quilt back
"Western Pacific" close-up.
"A picture may say a thousand words,
but a quilt tells a thousand stories."